Antimilitarism and Peace after the "Zeitenwende"
The “Zeitenwende” declared by the German social democracy triggered the largest rearmament in the German military since the Second World War. Shortly after French President Macron diagnosed NATO as braindead, the Western military alliance became more in demand; since the Russian attack on Ukraine, they are more active than they have been at any time since the collapse of the Soviet Union. The reactions to this are changing our governments, our societies, capitalism, and the political conditions under which we live and work. Social policies are being cut, and class struggles are being glossed over by a defensive “closing of the ranks” strategy, and fascist governments in Europe are being tolerated on the grounds that they will continue to support the alliance against Putin. In this seminar we want to look at these responses and changes, analyse them, and find a common socialist perspective on the new challenges. Which of our old left-wing views are wrong, and which ones need to be upheld right now? With inputs, seminars, and discussions, we want to develop a perspective on what a common, internationalist stance on this topic might look like.
The seminar will be conducted in English; thus, it will be rather hard to understand the instructions and fully participate if your English is limited. However, you may help each other out in delegations.
- When? March 31, 2023 – April 3, 2023
- Target Group? 18-30 years old from EU member states
- Travel cost reimbursement? Possible - for more details contact Estefania Casajus (email@example.com)
- Registration deadline? March 10, 2023 (Participants needing Visa invitations, please apply as early as possible!
- Hygiene? Currently our house operates under some restrictions due to health prevention. We follow special rules of hygiene, such as covering mouse and nose with a medical mask in the corridors and dining hall, washing and disinfecting hands on a regular basis and separation of different groups in the house. An international seminar is a place in which you can meet people from all over the world. Many will have to test negative with a PCR-test on corona before they can board their planes to their homes after the seminar, who can probably not afford a rescheduling of these flights. Therefore, still a zero-corona policy is tried to achieve with the following.
To enter the center, you will have to show proof of full vaccination against Covid-19 (three in Germany recognized shots), a certificate of recovery from Covid-19 (not older than three months) or proof of two vaccinations and a negative test result on Covid-19. If you got tested to enter Germany, this test will be fine. If not, you will have to test with us before entering the building. Whenever you leave the center during the seminar, you must show a new negative corona-test when returning. Exceptions are only made with a doctor’s certificate proofing your reason. In most places, especially in the center’s hallways and dining rooms, you need to cover your mouth and nose with a medical mask! Please bring some on your own!
So far, we have successfully organized several seminars under these conditions. We are confident, that the seminar will be possible. If it must be cancelled because of the pandemic, you won’t have to pay any fees!
For up-to-date information on travel restrictions for entering Germany, please read this website carefully.
Feel free to contact us with any question.
The programme is developed by the international commission of SJD-Die Falken in cooperation with Kurt Löwenstein Education Centre.
The seminar is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Program of the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth.